Custom Properties, Data Type: File does not work.
Many users has experienced the problem when using custom property Data Type: File, it does not work at all.
In order to fix this, you can do the following:
1. Login as Host account
2. Navigate to Host >> Module Definitions
3. Click the Edit pencil at the left side of Events Calendar module. (if you do not see the edit pencil, try change it to Edit view from the top left corner).
4. Then you will find a list of controls under Events Calendar module.
5. Click on the Edit pencil beside the Edit control (Edit Events Calendar)
6. And uncheck the "Allow Partial Rendering", and then click Update.
7. Click on the Edit pencil which is having an empty control. (DesktopModules/EventsCalendar/View.ascx)
8. And uncheck the "Allow Partial Rendering", and then click Update.
After that, your custom properties with File data type should work.
This is due a bug from Microsoft ASP.NET Ajax, which does not support file upload. Microsoft does not have a solution on this, neither we do. :(
Request Time Out when installing the module
DotNetNuke 5.x has been very problematic for installing this module. The reason for this is a security check placed on sql files before they are executed, we hope this can be addressed soon by the DNN core team.
If you have an account connecting to SQL with low privileges, this may take some time and cause your installation to timeout. There are two things you can do:
- Connect to SQL with a higher privilege account, such as db_owner, "sa" in most cases. You can change the account connecting to SQL server in web.config.
- Extend the executionTimeout attribute in web.config.
if it does exist, you can add it in. The executionTimeout below will set to 10 minutes.
<httpRuntime maxRequestLength="1048576" executionTimeout="800" />
If that does not solve the problem, there is an alternative way is to FTP to your site first, and then install from the website without uploading. Follow the steps below:
- Just place the module PA (.zip package) in /Install/Module folder of your website
- And then go to your site with '/install/install.aspx?mode=installresources' added on the end, and this will install all modules found under /Install/Module/ that are zipped up.
Example address to go to after .zip upload: http://www.domain.com/install/install.aspx?mode=installresources
After the install, the .zip will be removed from the /Install/Module folder
How do I activate my license?
- Once you installed the module to your portal, you can simply activate it from the "License" page, it is available from the Module menu.
- You need to login as Host Account to your portal to see the License menu.
- If you installed the trial copy of the module, you do not need to uninstall it. (Unless it is an outdated version, then you need to upgrade to latest release)
If you are still confused as where to get the License page, you can refer to the screen shot below:
If your web server do not allow Internet connection or blocked by firewall, you can manually check your license status, and activate license at the self-service page:http://www.invenmanager.com/Support/LicenseActivation.aspx