Advanced Articles Archive
Advanced Articles Satellite
DotNetNuke 5.x has been very problematic for installing this module. The reason for this is a security check placed on sql files before they are executed, we hope this can be addressed soon by the DNN core team.
If you have an account connecting to SQL with low privileges, this may take some time and cause your installation to timeout. There are two things you can do:
- Connect to SQL with a higher privilege account, such as db_owner, "sa" in most cases. You can change the account connecting to SQL server in web.config.
- Extend the executionTimeout attribute in web.config.
if it does exist, you can add it in. The executionTimeout below will set to 10 minutes.
<httpRuntime maxRequestLength="1048576" executionTimeout="800" />
If that does not solve the problem, there is an alternative way is to FTP to your site first, and then install from the website without uploading. Follow the steps below:
- Just place the module PA (.zip package) in /Install/Module folder of your website
- And then go to your site with '/install/install.aspx?mode=installresources' added on the end, and this will install all modules found under /Install/Module/ that are zipped up.
Example address to go to after .zip upload: http://www.domain.com/install/install.aspx?mode=installresources
After the install, the .zip will be removed from the /Install/Module folder
Since v3.0, the license for this module were separated into two, Event Calendar module and Event Calendar & Registration.
Event Calendar module does not support event registration feature, so the "Register" link is not active.
You need Event Calendar & Registration to support event registration.Click here
to find out more on various license. read more...
You can switch to list view, you should be able to see the Edit pencil in front of each event title. Click on the Edit button to edit the event. read more...
In the detail view, you should also be able to see the Edit button.
- Once you installed the module to your portal, you can simply activate it from the "License" page, it is available from the Module menu.
- You need to login as Host Account to your portal to see the License menu.
- If you installed the trial copy of the module, you do not need to uninstall it. (Unless it is an outdated version, then you need to upgrade to latest release)
If you are still confused as where to get the License page, you can refer to the screen shot below:
If your web server do not allow Internet connection or blocked by firewall, you can manually check your license status, and activate license at the self-service page:http://www.invenmanager.com/Support/LicenseActivation.aspx read more...
HONG KONG : A survey conducted during the Hong Kong international film and television exhibition last week has revealed that Jackie Chan and Stephen Chow are ranked among the best selling actors as well as directors in Asia. read more...
Hong Kong directors Tsui Hark (C) gives acceptance speeches afer receiving the Lifetime Achievement Award of the 3rd Asian Film Awards at the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Center in south China's Hong Kong. read more...
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - "Friday Night Lights" fans can rejoice: NBC has ordered two more seasons of the critically lauded but ratings-challenged drama series. The network and DirecTV have finalized a deal for a 26-episode order to the series about a Texas high school football team. read more...